Saturday, July 4, 2009

The red, The white, and...Oh that's it.

Happy Fourth of July! I woke up this morning to another mamasan masterpiece- hotcakes! Aka pancakes, but they were a bit thinner than the pancakes I'm used to- very delicious though! lots of butter.  (Oh and mom- no worries, you still have the best pancakes out there.  But you'll be happy to know japanese mamasan does a good job feeding me.)  Today's agenda was planned all around food- We went to lunch at an indian restaurant that someone had found and it was delicious.  HUGE nan bread that was tasty enough to merit a promised return to the restaurant.
Next we wasted some time looking around shopping malls and trying to find funny shirts before finding a place to go to dinner.  The plan was to do dinner and then climb Mt. Hakodate for the famous night time view at the top, but unfortunately it was really cloudy and we had to settle on a delicious italian food dinner instead.  The chopstick holders were absolutely adorable- they were weiner dogs!


Also- look at the wonderful "Sparkring Wine" they had on the menu.  Ha!
Tomorrow will be a huge day of studying.  And if I'm not mistaken its also Shinon's birthday, it should be quite fun.

High: Even my high advanced level friends were awed by my knowledge of the bus system.  Ever since that one epiphany day, I've pwned the bus system.  Some one even referred to me today as the "bus-whisperer."

Low:  I didn't eat a hot dog. Its the freaking fourth of july! Fun fact though- The Japanese word for fire work literally means "Flower of Fire." Cool right!?

Hero: Jon Russell, who is right now recovering from a stay in the hospital after hurting his leg. My thoughts and prayers are with you buddy! More love than the number of times Godzilla has destroyed Tokyo!

6 comments:

  1. Jon, I hope you are OK. Looking forward to your visit in August. It's gonna be hot, hopefully not sweltering though.
    Can't wait to hear how they celebrate Shinon's birthday. Will she be 18?
    Love you,
    mom
    Do they eat pancakes with chopsticks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Firecracker Day! Take a rain check on the hot dog. We're staying in the air conditioning until it gets cooler later tonight so we can watch the fireworks. You will be known as the "Bus Masterer" after this!
    Love, Grammy & Grampy

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Even my high advanced level friends were awed by my knowledge of the bus system."

    By friends, you mean friend, and by friend, you mean me? And by awed you mean... okay, awed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Some one even referred to me today as the 'bus-whisperer.'"

    Ha! So funny. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. CDB,

    Back pack from the 4th grade, Unbelievable!! Probably the same age as your shoes.

    Sounds like your having a great time.

    Grandma & Sioux

    ReplyDelete