Monday, June 29, 2009

かわいい

The title is pronounced "Kawaii!" and its heard all the time in Japan.  It means "cute!!" And it's today's theme.

But...test tomorrow! So I'll keep things on the short side. Today I invented a new game- or at least, translated an amazing english game into all new Japanese game.  The game "big booty" is pretty difficult in english, (it involves assigning numbers to people and then calling out their number when yours is called), but it is outrageous in Japanese.  Instead of "Big Booty," it was "Oshiri" (meaning booty in Japanese).  Lots of people joined in and I think it will become a tradition of sorts during our tea break!

I took a picture during class today. My teacher was making adorable gestures using cut out hearts, and I couldn't resist.  I mean actually, she's always making adorable gestures. ^^  
The picture also gives an idea of where I spend a good chunk of my day. Today in class we talked about differences between Japanese customs and American ones regarding kissing, hugging, and holding hands.  At new years, Japanese people bow to each other instead of kissing.

After school I studied for a long time, and then had a delicious dinner with my host family plus my host aunt's family.  The above picture from left to right is my host uncle (kai's dad), papasan, and then my little cousin Kai.  Who spoke more this time!  We had a very sophisticated conversation about animal names.

High: Big Booty in translated form!!
Low: I had a small period of discouragement today about Japanese.  But the dinner with my whole family helped fix that!
Hero: Ashok, current reigning oshiri king.  FOR NOW.

2 comments:

  1. That's it! A Game Invention Company! We could make it global now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohemgee i love Kai! he is SO adorable! and he talks to you! in english! awww!!! lovee spot (were now in montana)

    ReplyDelete