Sunday, August 2, 2009

A picture summary of the past two days


The speech Contest! I volunteered to hand out the prizes and count the votes.
Went to a 100Yen Shop and did a photobooth.  Freaky what it does to your eyes right!?
Rhapsody In Blue performed by the talented Rimner-san.


A Costume Parade.  I led my part of the parade, and took part in a play dressed as the Japanese Flag Bearer!! Papasan took 336 pictures, and I haven't gone through them all yet...


The best fireworks that I have ever seen in my life.  Set to music. And since we were given free beer for participating in the parade, I was very talkative.  Its funny, but you really do talk better in a foreign language after a Classic Sapporo beer.

Karaoke with Mamasan, Koh, Max, Nao, and Ashok. As always, finished with the American national anthem.

Coming in merely a few hours (as soon as I can): the squid dance. Brace yourselves.

2 comments:

  1. that costume is so great. i cant pick whether i like the funny hat or the socks/flipflop combo more. Probably the hat. it looks like the hat of a fisherman and a fireman and a oregon trail child all rolled into one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. Thanks for sending them our way. Sounds like a fun day all around.
    Love, Grammy and Grampy

    ReplyDelete